Top 6 Causes of Acne & The Best Acne Treatment in Lahore
Hormonal changes occurring at puberty is one of the leading causes of acne. There is an increase in the circulating androgen hormones, especially testosterone levels in the body. This results in an increase in the size of sebaceous glands, leading to excessive oil production, which, in turn, clogs the pores and forms acne. Other hormonal changes, such as pregnancy and hormonal disorders like polycystic ovaries and Cushing syndrome, may also cause acne. At our state-of-the-art Cosmetique® Dermatology, Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Center in Lahore, we provide par excellence acne treatment in Lahore
Drugs including systemic corticosteroid, anabolic steroids, cyclosporine, testosterone, antiepileptic medicines and lithium may also result in acne.
Topical steroid abuse can lead to acne-like eruptions. Application of any product which leads to blockage of skin pores can result in the formation of acne. The population exposed to halogenated compounds or industrial chemicals involving chlorine and/or its products, may suffer from chloracne.
Many things can trigger acne in women:
- Hormone changes during puberty. During puberty, girls have an increase in male sex hormones called androgens. This increase causes the glands to get larger and make more sebum.
- Hormone changes as an adult. The menstrual cycle is one of the most common acne triggers. Acne lesions tend to form a few days before the cycle begins and go away after the cycle is completed. Other hormone changes, such as pregnancy and menopause, improve acne in some women. But some women have worse acne during these times. Stopping the use of birth control pills can play a role as well.
- Medicines. Certain medicines, such as those used to treat epilepsy and types of depression.
- Pressure or friction on the skin. Friction caused by bike helmets or backpacks can make acne worse.
- Family history. If other people in your family have acne, there is a greater chance you will have it.
Moreover, hormonal fluctuations, commonly observed during puberty, menstruation, or pregnancy, can stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce more sebum, exacerbating acne symptoms. Certain medications, such as corticosteroids or lithium, may also influence acne development by altering hormonal balances or increasing oil production. Additionally, dietary choices laden with high-glycemic foods or dairy products can potentially aggravate acne, though the precise relationship between diet and acne remains a subject of ongoing research.
Environmental factors, including pollution and excessive humidity, may contribute to pore blockages, further complicating acne management. Psychological stress, often underestimated in its impact, can disrupt hormonal equilibrium, intensifying acne severity in susceptible individuals. Understanding these multifaceted causes underscores the importance of adopting a holistic approach to acne treatment.
Discover Best Acne Treatment in Lahore at Institute Cosmetique. Our specialized skincare solutions offer comprehensive and personalized care for a clearer, healthier complexion. Trust in our expertise for your skincare needs.